Thursday 14 September 2017

Maori Language Week Challenge No. 3

Kia Orana Whanau,


Dedicated Dragons were really excited to learn and share our 3rd Maori Challenge with our Rowandale Whanau yyyyaaaaaayyyyyy. 


We are really lucky to have Maori friends in our piha haapiiraa i.e. class and we couldn't have completed this without their nui i.e. immense support 👏👏👏👏👏👏 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀. 


The 3rd challenge was to introduce our siblings in introduction and below are the phrases in Te Reo:- 

Our 3rd challenge of the Maori Language Week 


I hope our whanau will enjoy and cherish watching our Dragons completing the challenge successfully. Hurrrrrraaaaayyyyyy... 


Kātahi te tamaiti kaha ki te tuari (Tufala & Celine are excellent at sharing the introduction of their siblings) KA PAI !!! 


Kātahi te tamaiti kaha ki te tuari (Crystal you're excellent at sharing the introduction of your siblings) KA PAI !!! 


ahau whakakake o koutou e ahau D.D. which means I am proud of you DEDICATED DRAGONS 👏👏👏👏👏 😘😘😘😘😘😘...


Whanua please remember to ask your tamariki to ask how did they introduce their siblings in MAORI and keep motivating them to show respect towards other cultures as well.
Below are some instances of WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND COMMANDS can be used at home to keep them excited in learning Te Reo.
This is the HOMEWORK for our Whanau too lolz...


Lets get our reo on!!!


1. He whetū koe - you are a star
2. Kia kaha ake - Give it a go
3. Karawhiua - have a go
4. Okea ururoatia - don’t give up
5. He rawe tō āwhina mai - you are a great helper
6. Tau kē tēnā whakaaro - what a great idea
7. Kātahi te tamaiti kaha ki te tuari - you are excellent at sharing
8. kei te whakahīhī au ki a koe - I am very proud of you
9. Ka pai tō mahi - good work
10.Tino pai tō mahi - very good work
11. Kei runga noa atu koe - you are awesome / the bomb biggity lol
12. Tau kē tō reo Māori - your Māori language is awesome
13. Tō ataahua hoki - you are beautiful
14. Kia Kaha - be strong (try hard)
15. My two babies have inspired me tonight. I promise that I'm not a tyrant lol
16. kāti te whakahoki kōrero - don’t talk back
17. kua mārama? - understand?
18. āe, mārama - I understand
19. kaua e kōrero pērā! - don’t talk like that!
20. he aha te kōrero? - what do you say ("PLEASE, THANK YOU")
21. he aha te mate?- what is the matter?
22. kaua e mahi pēnā! - don’t do that!
23. waiho atu! - leave him/ her/ them/ it (alone)!
24. kaua e whaiwhai! - don’t fight!
25. kei hea tāku kihi - where is my kiss (mums the favourite lol)
26. I thought to myself - "what do I say to my two toddler sons a lot"? - 27. I think I need to be more patient lol.
28. Kaua e māngare - don’t be lazy
29. kaua e oma, kei hinga koe – don’t run or you might fall over
30. Kia tūpato te haere - go carefully
31. Kia tere te hoki mai - come back quickly
32. Kia tere te kai - eat quickly
33. Kia tūpato, kei whara koe - be careful or you might get hurt
34. Kei taka koe - (look out) you might fall off
35. Kei mahue kōrua - you (two) might be left behind
36. Kei te whakarongo au - I’m listening
37. Kei te haere mai au - I’m coming

1 comment:

  1. KA PAI !!! Dedicated Dragons for showing PARTICIPATION & RESPECT towards Maori Culture. 💃🎊😃

    ReplyDelete