Sunday 4 June 2017

Samoan Language Week - Flag Raising Ceremony

Talofa lava ia i latou uma to Whanau & caregivers, 


Last week was Samoan Language Week from 29th May to 2nd of June. We started off the celebration with flag raising ceremony with full vigour. It was quite amazing to see how our whole Rowandale Whanau came together to celebrate and embrace Samoan Culture. 


The theme for this year is
Ma'au i lou ofaga; maua'a lou fa'asinomaga (keep your identity alive to thrive).


Also, it was a proud moment for all the Samoan teachers, Samoan students, and their whanau & caregivers to see how honoured they were feeling throughout the ceremony. 


On the same day, it was a really moving occasion for me too as one of my class's boy - 'Saint' bought two puletasis with accessories for me with so much love and affection. I feel so blessed to be a part of Rowandale Whanau. 


I have tried my best to capture the memorable photos and videos for you all. Please have a look, and I hope you'll enjoy them: 



Samoan students did a fantastic job. 


Raising Samoan flag 





Here's our treasure - Samoan Whanau 





Dedicated Dragons showing PRIDE Values 



My Samoan students 





No comments:

Post a Comment