Monday 5 June 2017

Samoan Students representing Tuakana Teina Concept

Warm greetings everyone, 


I feel I am blessed to have so much wonderful and confident Samoan students in my class this year. Throughout the Samoan Language Week, I could see how much proud they were feeling of their powerful and indigenous culture. 


They had tried their best to teach us a range of concepts about their language such as Samoan greetings, Samoan songs along with the actions, counting in Samoan, the importance of wearing the cultural clothes with accessories for male & female and also the correct pronunciation of words as well. This concept is called 'tuakana teina' where buddies teach each other doesn't matter if they're older or younger. In this context, teachers also become the learners because teachers are also known as life-long learners. 


I would like to appreciate my rest of the class too because they had also shown their PRIDE values, respect and patience towards Samoan Culture. They had also shown full enthusiasm throughout the Samoan Language Week and during the learning of this language. 


I am proud of you!!! Dedicated Dragons 😘👏👏👏👍👍👍

 


Check out our SAMOAN STUDENTS teaching us: 



  







Great teamwork Dragons!!! ☝😃

No comments:

Post a Comment